They were much too small so I finished them and gave them to someone at late night who had never had a pair of hand knit socks (and of course they fit her). I never even took a completed picture.
I started again with my first ball of trekking. I cast on more stitches and had my sister give me a few more measurements. They were going along nicely, the foot seemed to fit and it was time to turn the heel which I was almost through when I discovered this dropped stitch.
Well, I turned the heel again, changed needle sizes and added stitches to better fit the ankle. Now I am worried about running out of yarn. The socks look so big (when compared to the ones I make for my freakishly small feet) so without further ado I started knitting the second sock from the other end of yarn.
I sure hope they fit this time.