The lovely Jade, over at Bee Knits tagged me for "7 things about me meme" and since I want to go visit her in Germany, I thought I better comply.
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
1. I have an unsubstantiated fear of revolving doors -- they freak me out. I really hate them. I will pause a little too long and usually let them go for a complete revolution before entering. Restaurants that discourage the use of the doors on either side of revolving doors by locking them from the outside don't make it onto my lists of regular haunts.
2. My favorite number is 27. I like the fact that it is three cubed. I like the fact that it has the number 7 in it. When I was in fourth grade my reading book was called 7 is magic and all of my favorite numbers since then have contained the nnumber 7 or have been a multiple of 7. It amuses me that I am almost 37 and I actually have a favorite number. I think I might hang around children too much.
3. You know how kids will say something incorrectly maybe once or twice (or maybe they say it
all the time) but it becomes their catch phrase to the adults around them. You are
remembered always for that bit of incorrect speech as you were trying to figure out the
twists and turns of this rollercoaster of a language called English? Well, apparently, at
the young age of three or so I once uttered the phrase "I can't know" instead of I
don't know. It stuck. I say it often now but only when it is true.
4. I can't see pictures in my head -- when people say close your eyes and imagine...I can't conjur up a picture. If I have to meet someone at the airport (like my best friend from high school) and I haven't see them in a while, I get worried that I won't recognize them. Needless, to say, I am horrible at recognizing faces of people I have met only infrequently but can often recite the content of the entire conversation that we had the last time that I saw them once I am reminded who they are.
5. I won't eat Blue Cheese because I am freaked out by the fact that it is moldy. It doesn't matter if you tell me all cheese is moldy, it won't change my decision. I spent a summer in a cabin in the mountains of North Carolina that didn't have windows (just screens and storm shutters). The back of the cabin where I had all of my personal belongings was in the shade and never saw the light of day. It rained over 3 meters that summer (the qualifying amount for a rain forest). Everything I owned molded. I had to regularly wash my clothes with vinegar to kill mold spores. I was afraid my hair would mold because it never dried until someone explained that the ingredients in shampoo that keep it from growing mold would also work on my hair.
6. I don't like to be the center of attention or to speak in public. Yet, my whole life I have been challenging this fear/dislike and still it stands. I was Glenda the Good Witch in the Wizard of Oz in 6th grade and had to sing a solo (Come out, Come out). My freshman year in college I participated in a dramatic reading of Les Blancs which was a mandatory preformance for all first year students. I hold a position that requires me to speak regularly at school board meetings and hearings. I am a teacher. None of it makes sense.
7. I know all kinds of random facts and yet I am horrible at trivial pursuit. I think it is because I don't remember names. For instance, I can tell you that the Model T was only available in black because this was the fastest drying paint available but I don't know who was in that movie or who wrote that book.
Yarn is from my Md Sheep and Wool haul. I forgot to mention the seacolors before -- I buy a couple skeins a year and will make something colorful when I feel I have enough colors.