Well, I have to say that I am glad that NABLOPOMO is almost over although I do think that it has got me a bit more in the habit of blogging. I hope to blog about three times a week or so after the challenge is over. It has also motivated me to knit a bit more which is also a good thing.
I am not entirely sure that I understand blocking. It is something that everyone talks about but I am not entirely sure of its purpose or when I should do it. Looking at a couple of web sites I see that they recommend that it be done before sewing a garment. Then there is the part that says slightly dampen. Seems I missed the memo. I tried to teach this monkey to swim.
He coughed and sputtered and sank to the bottom of the sink. After a heroic rescue he is now drying out on a towel. I think I should have pulled out the neck and retried with less stitches but then I remember that babies have huge heads and I would hate for it not to fit over Baby Bella's head.
- Pattern: My Little Monkey Romper by Cindy Polfer found in Best of the Worsteds edited by Bobbie Matela
- Needles: Knitpicks options sizes 4 (3.5 mm) and 7 (4.5 mm)
- Yarn: Knitpicks Comfy Worsted (green, brown, cream and yellow)
- Size: 18 months
- Started: March, 2009
- Finished: November 28, 2009
- Notes: This project proves to me that I could use a little more practice with intarsia but overall I think it came out well.