Sometimes life presents us with difficult decisions. These decisions can be difficult for many reasons. Maybe it is because we feel we never have enough information and those people supplying the information want to make sure you can't truly compare like with like and make the best choice. Sometimes it is the way the options are presented to us, a group of outcomes that are fitted together but for the wrong reasons. Sometimes it is just a bad choice, and we do what we have to do. We can rely on instinct and gut feelings or we can ignore them. I am not sure which is the best answer. So, in a related and totally unrelated manner and with socks to be shared on the blog, I return now to a previously abandoned series on dating and socks.
What Not to Do: A look at Dating in your 30's and Beyond*
- There is only one chance to make a first impression, try not to forget your wallet. Or if you do, this is probably not the time to suggest continuing the date with dinner.
- Pattern: Stained Glass by Laura Andersson
- Yarn: 2 balls of Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Soy Print
- Needles: Knit Picks Steel -- if I had to guess I would say 2.75 mm but really I have forgotten
- Started: August 14, 2009
- Finished: June 31, 2011
- Notes: These were started just before a trip to Irish Fest which didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped. Somehow that annoyance was transferred to the socks and after coming home they were carried around for quite a while and never really worked on. The yarn became tangled and crusty and they sat out of the way with little more than a two inches of toe to finish them. So, in consideration of this years goal, I pulled them out of the corner in which they were hiding and finished them at this year's NEA RA. Two years in the making and I am glad to add them to my sock stash.