Carole over at Carole Knits hosts a blog round up on Tuesdays. Occasionally, I participate and needing content for NABLOPOMO, I figured today's category focuses on one of my favorite flavors of fall.
10 things you do with fresh cranberries
- Cranberry orange muffins -- I love the sour bites from the fresh cranberries.
- This recipe for Cranberry Hazelnut Coffee Cake makes me wish I was one of those people who always had some coffee cake on hand in case a neighbor stopped by for a chat and a cup of tea. Unfortunately I don't live that life and so I don't make it often enough. Maybe for my team meeting next week...
- For the last 8 or 9 years I have been making cranberry liqueur. And while it takes at least 3 weeks, it is absolutely amazing and makes great holiday gifts.
- They look super festive floating in champagne or a Kir royal.
- I like to throw a handful into my standard apple crisp recipe to give it a little zing, especially when I end up using apples that are on the sweeter side.
- Mix with sugar and caramelized onions and some balsamic vinegar and top cream cheese for a cracker spread (I usually serve this topped with chopped walnuts for a nice crunch)
- Cranberry Orange relish (nothing easier -- and while I am not so fond of it with my Thanksgiving dinner it is great on fresh biscuits with butter)
- cranberry curd (this is like lemon curd only with cranberries and if you put it in a tart shell and top with meringue than you don't have left over egg whites)
- sugared cranberries (I think the recipe was from cooking light -- not sure how successful this recipe was for me but I ate them all)
- put them in the freezer to extend the season of cranberry goodness.