WIth the upcoming holiday, today's topic for Carole's 10 on Tuesday is
10 things you are for which you are Thankful
- I am thankful for humor, it allows us to laugh at ourselves and not take life too seriously.
- I am thankful for my family who helped to shape the person I am today. A strong, independent woman who can take on the world if she has to and mostly if happy that she doesn't have to.
- I am thankful for bad times, problems and hardship for it allows me to grow as a person and lets me better see the good times in contrast.
- I am thankful for the people who help me through those bad times and share the good ones with me.
- I am thankful for living in such a wonderful place that has so much to offer that piques my interest: hiking trails, local restaurants, wineries, history...
- I am thankful for what I have. It is enough to allow me to live comfortably and to do the things that I enjoy.
- I am thankful for my health. I am running a 15K in a week and a half and while my training has been a bit derailed led by a blood donation followed by a cold, I know that my body can do this and I will finish.
- I am thankful for an abundance of food, I love food and cooking and eating. Being able to go to the farmer's markets, specialty food stores and wineries as well as great restaurants allows me to really savor this pleasure. With so many people in the world going to bed hungry, I know that this is a blessing
- I am thankful for my hobbies, they are so much more interesting than the drivel on TV
- I am thankful there are no consequences for not making my NABLOPOMO goal of posting every day this month.