Carole's 10 on Tuesday topic for the week is 10 Things You Want to Do in 2012, I guess it is sort of a bucket list for the year. Let's see
- Travel to Europe I spent last year having stay-cations and saving my money because I was going to Europe this year and even though some situations have changed I am going to travel this year. I was making a list of things to get done this week and one of those was booking a spring vacation to either Spain or Italy.
- Make 12 pairs of socks I didn't do so well on this goal for 2011 but I think if I focus a little more on knitting in those odd moments that I can do it. I have a couple of pairs of last years socks that are finished that I need to post about but will get those out of the way in the next couple of weeks and hopefully I can keep to a schedule of one pair a month.
- Run the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon It looks as if they have changed the date of this race (and one must assume the Epcot International Wine and Food Festival) from the first weekend in October which works well if I am still teaching at my current location to the second weekend in November. This makes things a little more tricky to schedule (as does the fact that DIsney doesn't seem to be all that great at updating their websites. The food festival site is from 2010 and the 2012 WIne and Dine half marathon brings up 2011 information. Maybe I should be looking at the DestinationRaces Wine Country Race series...why are races so expensive?
- Travel to Wine Country in California Too bad the Napa to Sonoma race is already sold out as that would kill two birds with one stone. It has been too long since I have been to Northern California and I would definitely like to see how wine country in CA compares with our little mom and pop wine industry here in VIrginia.
- Go on more hikes There was a time in my life when I would go hiking at least three times a month until the snow came. It was a rare Sunday that Deb and I didn't get out of bed as early as we could after shutting down the bar the night before in order to tromp through the woods and mountains of Vermont. Since moving to Virginia, the hiking has been much less frequent and I'd like to get it back on the schedule
- While we are at it, I didn't take my bike out once last year...Go on more bike rides.
- Continue my tour of Virginia Wineries My partner in wine is out of the country for a couple of years and unable to get to many of the Virginia wineries and so I hope to continue our quest and hopefully document it here.
- Make Pasta Every time I enter into one of the eating local challenge, I think maybe this is the season I will attempt to make homemade pasta -- It isn't supposed to be hard, I guess I just might need a gadget or two.
- Fix up the House I got a head start with this one by having the windows replaced this past year but on the list is upgrading my electrical and getting the place painted and the floors refinished and once that is done we will consider updating the kitchen depending on the financial situation.
- Eat at Estadio and Rouge 24
There are more but I will stop with these ten so as not to become overwhelmed with all that must be accomplished in the new year.