January was busy, my calendar was packed with obligations -- union, work, social. I put my head down and went in and knocked out what needed to be done and next thing I know, I look up and it is February. How does that happen? It doesn't help that I have been just on the edge of being sick for the past month or so. It may be time to make a doctor's appointment for a throat culture, it has just been too long to feel slightly sick.
- See that house? No, not the one on the right, I already live there but the one on the left? It has gone under forclosure. Don't feel bad for the previous owner who lost it, he was a slum lord with 40 or so units. The place he lives in is close to a million dollars. No, don't feel sorry for him. The current owner is a German Bank which had the misfortune of buying mortgage backed securites. They put it on the market but I think the price was high, so I put in a low offer. I haven't heard anything and it is likely I won't for a while. Now the reality is someone will likely pay more than I am willing to pay and I won't ever take ownership but I am giving it a try.
- Dalton M Ghetti is creating some of the most amazing art work ever with pencil graphite. Click on that link and check it out.
- I have always been proud to be a Virginian. This is a wonderful (and beautiful) state that has a fascinating history, but the legislature is starting to scare me. When did public school teachers become the scape goats for every problem that cash strapped governments are experiencing?
- I listen to old radio shows most Sunday nights and I really think that changing the actors for characters is just wrong. Does that happen in TV shows? I guess you see it in movies like the Bond series. Really, if Johnny Dollar isn't played by Bob Bailey it just isn't as good.
- I am leaving for a knitting retreat in less than two weeks and I haven't even thought about what knitting I will take. None of my classes require homework and so I will need projects to work on (plus I have the worst connection ever in Milwaukee -- I may have to go downtown for lunch...) I guess I need some easy and some hard projects -- I would like to take something more interesting than just socks.