Carole of Carole Knits has been challenging us to lists of "ten on Tuesday" for a long time. This weeks topic is Ten goals for 2013 and I thought I was going to skip it since I wrote about goals for the new year but then I decided I could put some firmer goals out into the interwebs...besides, I was talking with my pilates instructor about the new year and a juice cleanse she was organizing through her studio and it came up for many people the idea of resolutions means that they are at their best for the first couple of weeks in January and then it is all down hill from there. I had to disagree as January is when you are at your worst for the year as we slowly improve over the course of the year...we can't fail because there are always more small steps that we can take and tomorrow is another day. Maybe that is the difference between resolutions and goals that everyone talks about. Resolutions are an immediate changes to make us better that are hard to follow through on over time and goals are broken down into little changes we make to eventually end up better. So without further ado, ten goals for 2013.
- Finish some knitting, there seem to be a million things laying around that just need some time devoted to them and usually there wasn't a good reason why they were abandoned (well, sometimes there was) things got busy and they were moved from one spot to another and then out of sight out of mind. Let say at least one finished object each month (in addition to socks).
- Keep up the sock knitting. When I carry these around with me and bring them out a little at a time all those stitches add up -- let's say another 6 pairs of socks
- While we are on the topic of finishing....that blanket,
yes, that one...has never been assembled (we won't mention that it was started sometime in 2006)
- Make pasta. I finally broke down and bought a pasta mill after wanting one for so long and now I just need to find an afternoon to make some pasta
- Try my hand at homemade cheese. I have one of those cheese making kits and a recipe for homemade ricotta -- I just need to pick up a couple gallons of milk.
- 5 minute no knead bread. Everyone raves about these recipes...I think they would go great with that home made cheese and I just picked up some rye flour last week.
- Stop putting off the house projects. I may have a closing on the 31st of this month and I may not but either way, some things need to be taken care of around here and I can't let them go another year (electric, paint, etc).
- Be more deliberate in my actions. I have been highly emotional and impatient lately and probably not someone who you would want to interact with if you hadn't done something the way I thought it should be handled. (This house purchase is getting to me and my frustration is coming out in unpleasant ways, this has to stop -- adults deserve patience, too)
- Rediscover the activities that I used to love and now rarely do: biking, hiking, kayaking (maybe even rock climbing). See if the spark will be rekindled...
- Travel....stop procrastinating on the planning and do it.