The days have started to turn colder and it is time again for soup. Here is a delicious fall coup that comes from a recipe by Sara Polon's Soupergirl. I tried the recipe out after heading to the farmer's market and filling my bags with lots of fresh fall produce. My supper club declared the recipe a keeper.
Lentil Sweet Potato Apple Soup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 apples
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the pan and add the oil and onions. Cook until onions start to become soft.
- Add the spices, vegetables, the apples, lentils to the pot. Stir thoroughly, then add the broth and stir again.
- Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until the vegetables and lentils are soft.
- Puree and season with salt and pepper
- Enjoy with a garnish of greek yogurt.