"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high & we miss it. Rather, it's that we aim too low & we reach it." - Michelangelo
Travelling around the blogosphere there are many a reflective post on the year that has passed and the occasional projections for the year ahead. I am sure that if I looked back there are plenty of accomplishments that I could find over the past two months (finishing a couple of half marathons to name one) but also plenty of lessons learned the hard way and difficult times as well...but I would rather look ahead here then reflect on the past year. There are many times through out the year where I evaluate and set goals -- the beginning of the new school year, my birthday and again here as the calendar turns a page.
Goals for 2013
- be more consistent in strength workouts
- run at least 4 races of 10K or farther
- improve my 1/2 marathon time
- plan more hiking, kayaking, outdoor fun
- take a real vacation (out of the country) no matter what is going on with my house purchase
- enjoy my traditional weekends away (Irish Fest, Madrona)
- fit in a visit to visit friends that I haven't seen in too long (maybe CO, CA or VT)
- write more hand written note (everyone loves personal mail)
- live music
Some of these goals are better defined and some just came up as I was typing up this post, but I think that documenting these things here will allow me to look back and review how I am doing from time to time.